- Snakes are legless reptile related to crocodiles and lizard. Their bodies are covered with scales and they can swallow other living things much bigger than their head.
- Most snakes are timid creatures and they tend to avoid contact with human. They will only attack if cornered or provoked, in most instances, they attack as a form of defence.
- However, there are also occurrences of snakes found in building compound and if you do come across one, it is highly recommended to contact the Fire or Wildlife Department for assistance.
- There are a few things you can do to deter snakes:
– Trim grass regularly to keep it short.
– Keep wood, rock and debris from piling up.
– Seal holes that snakes can hide in such as under the sheds, decks and walls.
– Place fitting fences or walls around ponds as a deterrent.
– Application of sulphur flake as a snake repellent around building perimeter, last for two to three months.